Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Impromptu

I've made last minute decision to go back to my hometown on Saturday morning (23/01/2016). Made a decision to go back to KL at 4am for the weekend, send a quick whatsapp message to family chat group informing that I might be heading home later hoping that my family will read it when they are awake and my dad will manage his time to pick me up (yeah, I'm daddy's girl). Managed to buy 10am bus ticket back home once I've knocked off my shift at 8am. Quickly go back and have a quick shower and stuff my things into my backpack and took my passport and off I go, boarding the bus back home.

My dad have already arrived at the pick up area wayyyyy before I reach... :)

Didn't regret making this last minute decision to go back home as coincidentally it falls on a long weekend for Malaysia for Thaipusam festival and managed to spend quality time with the family.

Woke up early the next morning to tag along my dad, mum and sister to the fishery in Sekinchan (an hour and half ride) to get freshest prawns and fishes. Great experience gained seeing how they transfer the fishermen catches from the huge boat onto the jetty where they will sort the fishes, wash them and put them into the big box on the floor for the customers to choose put into their own shopping cart. Once they have done, they will proceed to the weighing area and payment area. Then they will put your fishes/prawns/squids/crabs into a cooler box, topped with ice and seal it for you and carry it for you and load the cooler box into the car for you.

It was a great experience and thank God I decided to go home!

The third day morning, I need to rush to the airport and fly back to Singapore as I need to work :'(

Time flies when you had a great time!

No comments: